Title – Database Architect
Location: Chicago, IL and Richardson, TX
Job Type: Contract
- Mainframe DB2 Administration
- Be able to develop PLSQL, SQL and write stored Procedures.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Architect databases based on project requirements- Memory, CPU, Space, Network, etc.
- Microsoft project or similar program proficiency is a plus.
- Work directly with the application teams and/or vendors to design a solution that meets their requirements.
- Capable of working on multiple large projects simultaneously
- Design, develop and document conceptual, logical and physical models for multiple data sources.
- Determine optimal levels of referential integrity and normalizations in adherence to best practices and performance tuning strategies.
- Experience in providing highly technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS.
- Evaluating and recommending available DBMS products to support validated user requirements. Must be able to define datatypes, optimal normalization, referential integrity, triggers, partitioning design, indexing methods and data security procedures for specific user applications.
- Develop and implement database backup and recovery strategies for the various environments and ensure that the data integrity, security, recoverability, and replication are built into the design.
- Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand the functional requirements and contributes to the completion of the DBMS specifications.
- Prepare and deliver well organized presentations and project status reviews to the stakeholders including process owners and vendors.
- Translate requirements into business functional and design documentation for large, complex projects.
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners to improve performance and scalability of database components. This includes upgrades, new features not present in lower versions and DBMS security patching schedules.
- Provide architectural guidance on strategies to improve operations and monitoring of current and future implementations.
- Unix, AIX and Windows Platform experience for DB2
Windows Platform for SQLSERVER
CONTACT: Abraham | +1-678-720-3170 | email@example.com | Skype: abraham_vdart