Position: SCOM Specialist
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6+ Months
· 6-8 years of strong experiencing in System Center Operations Manager 2007/ 2012 Deployment & Components
· Installation of SCOM Server if arises due to server crash or application issue.
· Extract report on basis of requirements/regular and send it to Management
· Capacity Planning & Server sizing
· Integrate Product connectors with ticketing systems
· Install SCOM patches released by Microsoft
· Import and Install New Management Packs (MP)
· Creation / deployment of Override Management Packs
· Configure monitoring for Windows, Unix, Network, Applications (Infrastructure & Business)
· Expertise in creation of Monitors / Rules / Groups
· Monitor SCOM Console / Setup New Management Groups
· Client discovery / agent installation
· Create Distributed Applications
· Working knowledge of Power Shell and VB scripting
· Basic understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS and SQL Server and overall exposure to all Windows OS flavors.
· Knowledge of Windows Operating system counters like WMI, Perfmon, Services etc.
· Strong knowledge on troubleshooting with event logs
· Assist Application teams with MP set up (AD, Exchange, SQL, etc.)
· Create User Roles in SCOM Console
· Create Notifications (Channels, Subscribers & Subscriptions)
· Working with Product Connectors
· Working knowledge on SCOM Reporting
· Health Checks of SCOM Server on a regular basis
· Backup Check of SCOM Database on a regular basis
· Strong Verbal and written communication skills
· Good Analytical skills
· Communicate and interact with clients to provide effective service delivery.
· Maintain quality and effectiveness when experiencing changes in assigned tasks, work environment, or conditions affecting the project.
· Develop and maintain professional, industry, and organizational knowledge to serve as a subject matter expert.
· Consistently demonstrated tactical skills, including resource planning, budget management and planning, Process improvement, cost containment and project management.
· Consistently demonstrated skills in staff management, including coaching, mentoring, conflict resolution.
· Consistently demonstrated soft skills including diplomacy, facilitation, and collaboration.
· Good to have support background (Incident management, Problem Management, Change management)
11180 State Bridge Road Suite 302 Alpharetta, GA 30022 United States