Position: Linux System Admin (AMAZON AWS) – L3 Open position
Location :- San Francisco, CA 94103
Duration: 6+ Months
· Provide enterprise system administration for a large collection of Unix servers. This position has a strong emphasis on AWS architecture and administration. This includes installation of operating systems and application software, application of patches, testing and verifying system health, optimizing
· performance where possible. In addition, ensure system security, file system integrity, and system operation are monitored and maintained.
· Work with internal and external customers to Identify, document and determine system administration needs for specialized AWS, Unix, Linux and Solaris services and customize server configurations to effectively support client operating systems and applications.
· Establish required service levels and monitor systems for proper operation and performance following generally accepted best practices for standalone, VM-hosted and cloud-hosted servers.
· Ensure system security, file system integrity, and system operation are monitored and maintained according to OLAs \ SLAs established with customers, server owners and stakeholders.
· Document and advise supervisor and colleagues of technical issues that affect services or support of customers.
· Maintain a clear understanding of policies and procedures associated with administration and access of sensitive information.
· Collaborate with other OIT system administration groups to standardize and automate processes, and procedures.
· Identify and assist in standardization and automation of processes within the Office of Information Technology.
· Maintain a centrally-accessible library of scripts used for projects and ongoing processes by EUS administrators.
Maintain consistent and detailed documentation.
Project Management & Planning
· Independently create and lead detailed project implementation plans through all phases of projects.
· Act as the lead in communicating status on projects to stakeholders and management.
· Independently collaborate with other supporting groups and vendors to assure needed resources for project success are identified and reserved for availability prior to project implementation.
· In conjunction with OIT Project Managers and campus Project Managers, set realistic expectations with clients and keep them informed of the implementation activities on project tasks.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Assist with the identification and creation of strategic initiatives to accelerate the adoption of Amazon AWS services throughout the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
· Develop processes and standards for the proper use and maintenance of Amazon AWS environment.
· Create detailed documentation of AWS standards and processes.
· Architect and document reference designs for Amazon services and publish reusable templates and scripts implementing the reference designs for general use.
· Work with the OIT Security team and OIT application development teams to architect project specific designs and solutions.
· Design, implement, administer, and maintain systems in AWS supporting IT applications and services including performance and cost optimization.
· Identify and assist in the automation of AWS processes.
· Train and mentor Enterprise Unix Services (EUS) personnel on AWS standards and their proper use.
· Significant demonstrated experience installing, configuring, administering, optimizing and monitoring enterprise Linux and Unix systems in AWS and in campus data centers.
· Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal/conflict resolution skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work and contribute effectively within a team environment and pass on technical knowledge to other team members.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in order to provide information and reports in a clear, concise and logical manner. Proven ability to present written and verbal communications to upper management.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people as an individual contributor and as a team member to achieve the goals of the department.
· Significant knowledge of enterprise networking.
· Experience with configuration management solutions (e.g. Ansible, Salt, CFEngine, or Chef).
· Familiarity with administering DNS services in an enterprise environment.
· Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and maintaining Apache Web Services.
· Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and maintaining Apache Tomcat.
· Advanced level technical, analytical, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrated ability to independently lead projects, project teams and maintain project documentation.
· Demonstrated experience in managing patches for OS and applications across hundreds of Linux servers.
· Excellent problem solving skills to identify complex problem areas and service requirements, and to develop innovative solutions.
· Excellent analytical skills required for evaluating projects, performing needs assessment, estimating costs, managing a budget, prioritizing workload, etc.
· Proven ability to work independently and to manage time to meet deadlines in an environment of changing priorities, and frequent interruptions.
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com