Role: Swift Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Position is responsible for administering and managing SWIFT infrastructure. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the ongoing production health of our SWIFTNet Messaging systems, keeping them current with the latest software releases, and providing development support in conjunction with ongoing development projects. This position is on a team working in a fast paced environment with a wide range of business partners, vendors and technology teams. There will be opportunities to interact with various levels of management to implement solutions on new projects and to assist in further enhancing our support capabilities and effectiveness.
• Experience administering SWIFT Infrastructure components.
• Experience with SWIFTNet delivery mechanisms FIN, Interact and Fileact
• Knowledge of MT and MX message types
• Experience with Unix, shell scripting (bash, korn) and Perl
• Knowledge of SQL (Oracle, SQL server)
• Working knowledge of Routers, VPN, Firewalls, TCP/IP and SSL
• Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Experience building, improving and automating monitoring capabilities of vended applications
• Experience with all phases of SDLC
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
1. Administer SWIFT infrastructure and implement new capabilities for assigned projects.
2. Manage software roadmap including patch and upgrade implementation for SWIFT components.
3. Responsibilities will include the day to day operations SWIFT infrastructure for such tasks as general operations, user administration, messaging, archiving, etc…
4. Test various failover/resiliency scenarios in a multi-datacenter active-active configuration
5. Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of processes, practices and/or technologies to enhance business efficiency and capability.
6. Create and continuously improve support documentation and transition new support requirements to support resources.
7. Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on inquiries and problem reports to determine short term workarounds and long term resolution of reported problems or malfunctions.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to operate well in a fast moving environment and be will to work with highly critical applications.
Take accountability to follow precise process and procedure. Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills are needed. Must be able to quickly identify critical situations and resolve them. Exposure to ACI Worldwide’s funds transfer application and Websphere MQ a plus.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA