Role: Network Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Key Skill: Has done migration form Cisco ASA to Palo Alto Firewall.
Top Skills Required:
- 10+ years’ of industry experience, 8+ years network security experience
- Strong Palo Alto skills are required regarding firewall migration experience from Cisco ASA to Palo Alto F/W.
- Troubleshoot Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto
- Pluses-Palo Alto Migration tool
Additional Skills required:
- The ideal candidate will have Juniper, Cisco, and Palo Alto skills
- Network Security Support, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network Perimeter Design
- Tier 3 Troubleshooting
- Strong Understanding of LAN and WAN networking, routing/switching, VLANs, etc.
- Understanding of Routing Protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRFs, 1+ years Network Engineering Experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco ASA Firewalls or Palo Alto (Both would be nice) Hands-on configuration experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to write documentation and participate in client facing meetings
- Excellent time management and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Daily Duties include:
- Migrate existing firewall configurations from Cisco ASA or Juniper SRX to Palo Alto Device.
- Copy the exiting configuration and either run it through the Palo Alto migration tool or translate it manually.
- Input the new configuration in a new Palo Alto firewall.
- Rack the new Palo Alto firewall.
- Coordinate with a team to cable the new firewall as well as the impacted users to coordinate a change window for the cutover.
Draw out the new network design with the firewall in place if anything changed to and over to the Operations Team. Coordinate with other teams to add the new firewall to TACACS and DNS. Understand troubleshooting on Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls, networking and policies. (Juniper SRX knowledge is a plus) Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA