Role: Veritas NetBackup Administrator (Data Protection)
Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Permanent
Skill set and Responsibilities:
· Hands on experience with Enterprise level SAN tape libraries/IBM tape libraries and Good exposure on advanced backup functions like Synthetic Backups, NDMP backups, Disk Staging.
· Data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication and recovery solutions.
· UNIX and Windows systems administration experience.
· File System and Database Familiarity.
· Experienced with Configuration of Media and Master Servers, Hardware and Software troubleshooting and new device configuration.
· Proficient in Netbackup tuning to increase performance as well as disaster discovery.
· Experienced in vault configuration, NBU management and administration.
· Strong experience on NetBackup command line usage.
· Proficient Configuration of Data Domain and level 3 administration.
· Expertise with NetBackup upgrades and configuration.
· Experienced in configuring devices, tape drives, disk pools and SLPs.
· Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC and NetApp in relation to a Data Protection environment.
· Experience with configuring Oracle, Informix, SQL and DB2 database backups.
· Proficient in shell & perl scripting as well as NetBackup scripts.
· Experience working with NetBackup using SAN media servers and Shared Storage Option (SSO).
· Experience working on Data Domains / DDBoost including configuration, maintenance, performance tuning and replication.
· Performance tuning and troubleshooting and system related log analysis from OS, Software (VERITAS NetBackup) and Hardware perspective.
· Create and maintain necessary documentation and procedures in support of the backup infrastructure.
· Expertise in Managing Backup policies, storage pools for daily, weekly and monthly backups.
· Proficient in Netbackup installation, configuration, maintenance and disaster recovery.
· Good understanding of the impact and importance of storage services to customers.
· Good verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to support 24×7 critical operations per business requirements.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA