Project Manager (Technical PM)
Location: Torrance, CA
Duration: 6 months
The Technical PM will be responsible for managing and leading patch management and vulnerability remediation efforts for CLIENT Applications & Infrastructure. CLIENT infrastructure components include Solaris, Linux, Windows servers/desktops, network devices (router, switches, firewall and etc), virtual and physical appliances & other devices. PM must demonstrate proven Project Management skills and the ability to drive large, complex projects in a multi-department portfolio, knowing when to escalate and seek guidance. PM must have strong communication and presentation skills.
Detail of specific duties for this position/Qualifications:
· Provide enterprise vulnerability and compliance reports, status updates and remediation plans to the management.
· Coordinate, schedule, manage and track the patching and remediation activities.
· Work with the Application, Design & Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the environments are up to date, patched and compliant to CLIENT Information Security standards and requirements. Familiarity with programming languages and frameworks (i.e. Java) a strong consideration.
· Understand and comply with CLIENT change, release, service management processes, security policies and standards.
· Work with CLIENT Information Security, D&E Infrastructure, Data Center Operation and Application teams to help maintain client asset classifications and categorizations.
· Knowledgeable of current security trends and the ability to clearly communicate them.
· Partner with CLIENT Information Security, D&E Infrastructure, Data Center Operation and Application teams to understand and support CLIENT security strategies, goals, objectives, and capabilities.
· Collaborate with business units to receive approval for vulnerability management activities.
· Interact with Information Security team and business units to provide relevant information pertaining to the delivery and support of vulnerability management.
· Ability to work with multiple vendors and internal resources across work streams on vulnerability management activities.
· Must be proficient in Waterfall as well as Agile Methodologies.
· Must have pragmatic, personable with very clear and efficient communication style.
· Strong technology background (requirements, development, application management, maintenance, operations, migrations, upgrades, etc)
· Establish efficient and repeatable remediation processes, clearly defining roles and responsibilities to sustain compliance expectations.
Key project management experience:
· Responsible for understanding, reviewing, and interpreting vulnerability assessment and scanning results including and understanding of information security risks and appropriate defenses.
· Maintain knowledge of outstanding vulnerability management issues.
· Familiarity with network security and vulnerability management tools.
· Experience in process-based maturity model, such as ITIL or CMMI.
Key personal competencies & skills:
· Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and flexibility skills in a team-oriented environment.
· Leadership qualities, particularly in moving stakeholders to common vision and decisions.
· Effective management skills in setting direction, building effective teams and driving them to meet objectives.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to interface with people at all levels of the organization; technical and business sponsors to foster a collaborative environment.
· Effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
· Experienced in building work-based plans and performing against baselines in MS Project.
· Experience with Waterfall as well as Agile, Iterative, Scrum Methodologies preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in managing project scope, developing project schedules, staffing plans, forecasts, budgets, managing risks, ensuring project quality, developing and implementing communication plans, managing third party vendors and system integrators.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or other related discipline
· Project Management training and certification, such as PMP.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA