Role: DB2 DBA
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Fulltime Permanent
5 years of experience (minimum) as a database administrator with DB2 UDB Enterprise server Edition within an AIX operating environment.
– Provide primary DBA design and support services for establishing, upgrading and maintaining the DB2 UDB environments.
– Experience with DB2 DPF desirable.
– Implement backup and recovery procedures for DB2 UDB databases and test regularly in conjunction with Operations.
– In conjunction with the network security administrator, establish and manage user access, and design and implement security architecture.
– Create, maintain and refresh required DB2 UDB Data instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
– As required, help resolve application problems. Act as liaison between application programmers to assist with resolving problems.
– Monitor security breaches, error log(s), database and log space, user activity and resource utilization of production environment. Work with application programmers to insure that application problems do not adversely affect production operations.
– Monitor system resources of database servers to assure production systems meet performance & availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled in a timely fashion.
– Provide after hours on-call support for deployments and critical database issues.
– Provide expert assistance in database and SQL statement tuning to improve performance. This includes, but is not limited to, re-writing SQL statements, creating new indexes and altering existing indexes.
– Using software packages (e.g., Idera & BMC Patrol) and/or local scripts, monitor performance, space, DB2 UDB database parameters and tune as required.
– Following client’s standards, write, maintain and document monitoring scripts needed in support of applications.
– Monitor disk usage; plan acquisition and replacement of disk devices as needed.
– Act as project liaison and coordinate with AIX system administrators for application of OS patches and maintenance required for database servers.
– Provide DB2 UDB database administration on servers for Tier1 critical applications.
– Development, maintenance and documentation of procedures and standards for effective database software use.
– Analysis and management of DB2 UDB Data Warehouse problems/defects with IBM and installation of patches.
– Use of software and locally developed tools to monitor DB2 UDB Data Warehouse databases.
– Experience with Database Partitioning Feature ( DPF ) / EEE is required for this position.
– Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise.
– Experienced High Availibility setup on OS level & Instance/Database Level
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Experience supporting 24×7 environments.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA