Job Title: Senior Virtualization System Engineer
Linked to Role Title: System Engineer (SE)
Linked to Role Level: Level 3
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Job Type: Contract
· Responsible for configuration, validation, qualification and administration of Private Cloud Virtualization Platforms – Vblock, Nutanix
· Responsible for Level 4 support of all technical issues related to Private Cloud Infrastructure
· Organize and coordinate the activities associated with installation, deployment, and upgrade or repairs to Virtualization Platforms and related infrastructure.
· Consult with and make recommendations to Architecture Team, Service Manager, and Project Teams deploying applications in the Private Cloud Virtualization environment.
· Design, coordinate and execute migrations to Private Cloud Platforms
· Improve, track progress, and make recommendations on Infrastructure Improvements, imaging, and new releases.
· Help in sizing and validating solution design
· University working and thinking level, degree in computer science or comparable education / experience
· 10+ years of relevant experience
· More than 6 years of Virtualization (VMware) and Cloud technologies
· Experience with Converged (Vblock) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix) infrastructure architecture, design, deployment and operations.
· Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
· At least 2 years’ experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams
· Sound knowledge of Enterprise Storage, Networking and Security
· Basic knowledge of Service Management (ITIL) through experience or certification.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Proven capability and experience in leading projects and resources
· Experience of working in GxP/SOX qualified environments
· Experience of working in a matrix organization including off-shore teams
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
· Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost.
· Ensure successful completion of projects on time and operational stability
· Adhere to strict standards and ITIL processes
· Implement strategies to allow ongoing operational upgrades and ever-greening of technical solutions
· Ensure that the system remains qualified and that all new processes go through a proper vetting as determined by quality management.
· Adhere to Vendor (VCE, EMC, Nutanix etc.) best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
· Train and assist in directing lower technical resources to promote positive resource usage.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham | 678-720-3170
VDart Inc | Atlanta, GA