Role: Linux SME
Location: Boise, ID
Job Type: Contract
Years of Experience: 10+ Years
· Providing SME advice to IS colleagues across the development lifecycle including; providing Technical Architects an operations view, sharing SME knowledge with Technical Project Managers
· Working with the Service Architect – identify, assess and plan the level and nature of expertise and resources required to deliver cost effective maintenance and support to infrastructure and application developments, enhancement and changes
· Providing emergency intervention in ITIL lifecycle processes Incident and Problem management to provide 2nd / 3rd level support in response to Major Incidents.
· Managing relationships with key and relevant external IS suppliers, so as to ensure aligned delivery and support activities, optimising opportunities to derive added value and ensure that costs are appropriately managed.
· Motivating and encouraging external teams both onshore and offshore to ensure delivery of the required standards of excellence in service and performance and support the continuing personal and professional development of all team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
· Master’s Degree in relevant discipline (Information Systems, Computer Science, etc).
· 10+ years of relevant experience
· In-depth understanding of related technical technologies in Linux/Unix
· Must be able to support the entire O/S (Linux based)
· Extensive experience in a command-line Redhat Linux environment
· Highly skilled in Bash / Shell scripting in Linux
· Experience building robust systems and disaster recovery planning
· General understanding of SAN and NAS is needed
· UID and GID concepts and management needed, LDAP preferred; I think this is referenced farther down the list
· Packages and patch administration
· RPM and yum
· Able to build new servers using Kickstart
· Linux Cluster administration
· Demonstrated problem solving abilities and initiatives
· Experience with backups is good, IBM TSM more applicable
· Experience with server virtualization for trivial consolidation
· RHCE certification is a plus
· Extensive hands-on technical skills to cover installation, configuration, administration and advanced troubleshooting
· Experience of working within a Service environment and technical teams of IT experts
· Experience of working on ITIL ticketing systems (SNOW, Remedy), understand ITIL framework
· Experience in representation in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
· Experience of being able to highlight issues and solutions
· Experience of managing outsourced or offshore supplier support groups
· Strong verbal/written communication skills
Technical / professional qualifications:
· Installing, configuring and maintaining Linux Servers / Virtualization
· Experience with Puppet is a plus
· Installation and configuration of HA environment using Linux cluster or Veritas Cluster.
· Configuration and administration of LVM and Veritas logical volume manager.
· Installing and Maintaining kickstart environment
· Patch and Package administration
· Writing shell scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task
· Configuring and supporting domains
· Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue
· Administer and configure various FS like JFS,ext2, ext3, OCFS & Pseudo FS
· Need to include NFS here, VERY important to understand concepts of mount points, exports, shares, automounter, etc
· Capacity planning and fine tune system for optimal performance
· Knowledge on Apache virtual hosting, SSL website config
· Understanding of SAN and NAS storage.- Be able to compare & contrast these two concepts
· Administration of NIS or LDAP environment
· Configuring Unix Security baseline
· Performance Management & fine tuning
· Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning
· Understand networking concepts: IP address, netmask, DNS, MAC address
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate IT technical language into everyday terms which users can understand, specifically non-technical senior management
· Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that the service is flexible, efficient and responsive
· To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
· Demonstrable results in a business customer facing role, with a track record of delivering services to defined service levels.
· Experience in the management of multi-discipline teams in distributed locations.
· Experience of working in an Operational environment alongside other technical and operational teams, ensuring that all parties collaborate effectively to deliver services.
· Use of ITIL service management framework to deliver best practice capabilities for TNT.
· Proven ability to deliver improvements that deliver greater value to the customer and business through more efficient delivery and/or lower costs.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham (Ibrahim) | 678-720-3170 | abraham | Tweet Me @abraham_vdart