Role: Security Engineer
Location: Manhattan, NY
Job Type: Permanent
· The Security Engineer’s responsibilities include security system deployments, configuration, monitoring and reporting. This position will have a lead role in performing vulnerability assessments, security testing, and working with operations and development teams on remediation and mitigation of findings. This position will have a primary role on the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) and with Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations Planning (DR/COOP). The Security Engineer provides support to planning, designing and implementing security controls which safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
· Analyze, troubleshoot, and investigate security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts.
· Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based security platforms:
· Vulnerability scanning systems and tools
· Network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
· Host-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS)
· File integrity verification and monitoring software
· Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) platform
· Application (Layer 7) Firewall
· Network Access Control (NAC)
· Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
· Log Indexing and Correlation platform
· Anti-virus and anti-spyware console
· Firewall and network access controls lists
· Web and E-mail proxy and filtering systems
· Physical access control systems
· Evaluate systems using vulnerability scanners and manual techniques to verify system security settings and configurations.
· Provide reoccurring reports for network and host-based security solutions.
· Provide CSIRT support as needed in response to information security related events.
· Participate in DR/COOP exercises and continuous improvement processes.
· Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
· Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
· Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members.
· Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis.
· Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team and information sharing environment.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Comfortable working on both Linux-based and MS Windows-based system platforms with a strong IT technical understanding and aptitude for analytical problem-solving.
· Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues.
· Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks.
· Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks.
· Fundamental or greater understanding of encryption technologies.
Thanks & Regards,
Abraham (Ibrahim) | 678-720-3170 | abraham | Tweet Me @abraham_vdart