Role: Lead Oracle DBA
Location: Princeton, NJ
Job Type: Permanent (FTE)
(Specific tasks and the role that the person will undertake)
Manage 24/7 global L2 & L3 production support team for the Database infrastructure.
· Develop effective and efficient operational policies, processes and procedures
· Responsible for daily management of the Operational support, ensuring all forms of workload are managed in line with established processes and procedures
· Primary Contact for regional teams, internal/external auditors and regulators
· Responsible for Infrastructure Project Mangement and Coordination
· Performing capacity and demand planning with service provider and governance team including forecasting customer demand for all in-scope and new services
· Primary contact on a daily basis regarding communication between client and service provider regarding service delivery changes, problems and recovery efforts
· Responsible for assessment and approval of any on-boarding/off-boarding activities which may involve services, products, users, processes, etc
· Managing the transition phase of transferring the functional, technical and procedural knowledge into the service delivery team
(Relevant experience the person must have)
· 11+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure area
· Oversees all aspects and day-to-day activities of the service delivery function and support staff
· Overseeing the entire operations of the function and ensuring services are delivered to meet, if not exceed customer expectations
· Should be able to Collaborate globally with the business, vendor consultants, support groups, IT Infrastructure departments and other UBS business units
· Responsible for Incident, Problem & Change management and RFS in Database Environment with in the Bank
· Solid understanding of Oracle 10g/11g, RAC, Oracle Dataguard, Goldengate ASM, RMAN, OEM, Exadata and OID preferably.
· Knowledge on performance tuning of database
· Knowledge on Exports, Imports, Datapump, Rman.
· Hands on experience on cloning of databases.
· Hands on experience on databases restorations and recoveries.
· Knowledge on RAC installation and maintenance.
· Hands on experience on CPU patching and upgrades.
· To work under minimal supervision and should be self driven
· Familiar with working in a project environment including planning, deliverables, progress tracking and reporting
· Manage Key Infrastructure Project coordination including Infrastructure weekends, Patching exercises, Power down activities, BCM Tests, CTB Projects (internal or external), Data Center Moves etc…
· Ability to articulate how business issues may impact overall IT services.
· Provides functional, technical and process leadership within the team.
· Escalations Point for high level service issues and resources
· Periodic review of the Project Performance (Schedule, cost, quality) on a periodic basis
· Experience in running Continuous Service Improvement Initiatives to bring efficiencies with in the team
· Works with Service Manager on SLA Adherence analysis and actions items
(Technical and professional skills that the person must have to be effective)
• Should be very strong experience skills and knowledge on one of the below Database Environment:
· Oracle / MSSQL
• Oracle: Administration Skills on all Versions of Oracle Dabtase, Exadata
• MSSQL: Database Administration tasks independently in MSSQL 2000, 2005, 2008, Analysis services and Reporting services
• DB Performance Management & Troubleshooting
• High Avaliability and Disaster Recovery solutions in DB Environment
• Good understanding of ITIL V3 framework
• Good working knowledge on Power point and Visio
• Scripting skills in UNIX shell environment Knowledge on Storage Technologies
• Knowledge in RAC/ASM, Grid Control Management, Linux
• Exposure to Sybase Database Administration
• Knowledge of BMC SQL BackTrack is a plus.
(Non-technical and managerial skills that the person needs to have)
• Good command on spoken and written English
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Ability to handle escalations
• Ability to work with, manage and negotiate with Clients, Business Partners , Vendors, and Third Party Support Providers
• Excellent Written and Spoken communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Review Team and Team members performance
• Train and Mentor Staff
(Basic educational background that the candidate should possess)
• BE, B.Tech. or Equivalent in any discipline of Engineering.
(Specific tests that must be applied to candidates; prior certification that they may need) Any of the vendor specific Certifications
• Technical Certifications related to IT Infrastructure Technologies
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org