Position:- Release Manager
Location:- Glendale – CA
This position is for an experienced software engineer an interest in project management or information systems management who is eager to play an integral role on the Change and Release Management team. Primary responsibilities include coordinating release execution, planning upcoming release, associated reviews, approvals and other scheduled impacts to the various environments. Coordinating with multiple development teams, projects and infrastructure teams to insure smooth integration of releases and components into both testing and production environments. Review proposed release requests for accuracy and completeness, interfacing with multiple development teams to insure adherence to policies, accurate risk analysis, documentation and communications of release events. WDPRT operates a large scale enterprise environment that hosts a variety of online properties for The Walt Disney Company. Change and Release Management monitors all environment changes and releases of those changes into the production environment to insure the accuracy and efficiency of this process.
· Coordinating release activities: executes day-to-day maintenance tasks, communicating, planning, risk analysis and documentation for all release events in multiple environments.
· Review changes for impacts to other system components: collaborates with technical operations (infrastructure), engineering and application teams as well as both internal and external partners to understand and identify impact between systems and their components.
· Schedule and facilitate reviews with teams and leadership: attend, plan and execute various meeting and reviews with multiple groups to insure common understanding of releases and approvals to implement.
· Standards and Best Practices: participates in the development of best practices including change management, release management, validation and testing and knowledge management.
· Process: participates in the continual refinement of processes and policies to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of our systems.
· Typically has 5 or more year’s experience with relevant internet technologies and with implementation, development or testing experience.
· Minimum 2 years experience in an IT administrative or management role.
· Knowledge of or certifications in ITIL standards or other IT best practices.
· Experience with source code management tools – CVS, Perforce, and Subversion.
· Experience with various development support tools – Wiki, JIRA, and Crucible.
· Ability to lead development implementation of new processes in a technical environment.
· Ability to work in cross-departmental teams and to interact effectively with other members of the organization.
· Strong oral, written communications skills.
· Ability to communicate to varying levels of technical understanding.
· Good team player, able to drive resolution of technical issues.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com