Role: EMC Storage Engineer
Location: Newark, CA
Job Type: Contract
· Extensive knowledge of storage, server, and blade technology, processes, industry expertise and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of storage infrastructure and management.
· Works with the sales team to architect, design, and implement complex storage, server, and blade solutions including performing customer white-boarding.
· Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Storage and Virtualization solution opportunities.
· Perform complex analysis of storage, backup and DR environments under limited supervision.
· Exercises initiative in architecture enterprise data storage designs, programming, and modifications of backup storage applications programs for small, mid-size and large environments; using a variety of different operating systems (UNIX, Windows, Linux, etc).
· Determines the impact of changes in systems and applications upon the enterprise data storage architecture, and makes recommendations to support release planning and implementation for applications developers and systems administrators.
· Leads systems administrators in their consideration of the impact of changes in configurations upon enterprise data storage requirements.
· Creates Statements of Work and documentation for Backup, Recovery and Storage environments.
· For the enterprise data storage backup environment, supports the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
· Perform product evaluations and comparative deep dive analysis, and make recommendations to customers for best of breed product and offerings.
· Lead and monitor all customer implementation deliverables including installation, configuration, and testing of data storage backup components.
· Design and implement backup de-duplication and recovery plans.
· Design and implement health check operations for storage and backup environments.
· Resolve and troubleshoot technical issues on data storage and backups.
· Author, review and update documentation of procedures and methods as needed.
· Provide engineering leadership in design and implementation of backup strategies and technologies.
· For the data storage backup environment provide written deliverables for action plans, long-term strategies, migration plans, best-practice recommendations, capacity planning.
· Good understanding of Virtualization technologies such as VMware and its integration with Storage.
· Good understanding of EMC Storage Management products and offerings.
· Plan the implementation of recovery of systems and services and participate in scheduled disaster recovery exercises.
· required skills & knowledge
· Provided 24/7 technical support for computers and peripheral equipment to the remote staff.
Domain Knowledge :
· Mandatory Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with EMC VMAX, VNX, VPLEX and Data Domain.
· Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience on repliCation likes SRDF, RPA.
· Architect level knowledge as well as hands-on experience with EMC ATMOS, Isilon, Xtreme IO.
· Architect level knowledge of backup products as well as hands-on experience such as Networker and Avamar
· Knowledge and hands-on experience of iSCSI, FC architectures and products include SAN switches.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org