Role: Infrastructure Program/ Project Manager (PMP Certified)
Location: Brampton, ON
Job Type: Permanent/ FTE
Project Delivery Office (PM and TECH SMEs)
· Use the PMI Project Management methodology as a framework to consistently plan, initiate, control, and implement all Projects for all Services and integrate into the Client Project Management framework except as otherwise directed by Client
· Assign Project personnel with the required experience in PMI methodology and have a proven track record of success in using it to manage projects
· Provide Project Management resources for infrastructure Projects as requested by Client
· Upon request, participate in Client’s business planning meetings to review operations and business plans and recommend appropriate IT services and Projects to support plan execution
· Maintain appropriate levels of industry knowledge of Clients’ businesses in order to provide support and recommendations on Projects. The knowledge will be obtained and maintained through, among other activities, participation in industry meetings, forums and conferences at Service Provider’s expense.
· Prepare charters and Project plans for all Projects to deliver the approved Services
· Manage directly the relationship with Clients’ Project sponsor and business and IT stakeholders involved in the Project
· Manage all Service Provider tasks and resources associated with the Project, and assist with the coordination of activities with Client, affected authorised users, and affected Client’s third party service providers.
· Use Project Management tools and methodologies, and employ a regular reporting mechanism that aligns and integrates to Client’s expectations of processes and tools to identify Project tasks, present current status reports and next steps, and escalate critical issues.
· Provide Project Management tools and methodologies, that align and integrate to Client’s expectations of processes and tools to identify Project tasks, present current status reports and next steps, and escalate critical issues.
· Provide weekly status reports to Client or more frequently in accordance with a mutually agreed schedule. Using Project Management tools and methodologies, employ a regular reporting mechanism to identify Project tasks, budget, present current status reports and next steps, financial KPIs such as EAC and ETC, progress made, and identify potential bottlenecks and problems.
· Manage all Client tasks and resources associated with the Project in compliance with the Operational Change Management Procedures.
· Liaise as necessary with the Client Project Manager in all phases of the Project planning and implementation.
· Complete all current and planned Projects as directed by Client in accordance with the following:
• Client’s project management, and the SDLC process in place
• Adhere to IT Operational Change Management Procedures to address any changes in scope, schedule or budget of a Project
The Project service delivery model provided by Service Provider for the duration of the Project(s) assigned will be dedicated and named Project resources to Client Projects that include PMs, Infrastructure Solution Leads, delivery resources such as: Windows/Linux/Unix/database/middleware/storage/Citrix/etc. administrators (not shared with Operations), etc. which under the Client’s Infrastructure PMO management and control will deliver end-to-end infrastructure projects to Client.
· Project Managers assigned to Client will be PMP certified and have a minimum of 7 years of infrastructure experience for standard PM and a minimum of 10 years of infrastructure experience for senior PMs.
Functional responsibilities of the PM will include:
• Demand management
• Rough estimates (+/- 50%)
• Project initiation and planning installation Services
• Project execution
• Operational readiness
• Project warranty through Project closure
• Project closure (Project closure should include “Lessons Learnt”, customer satisfaction survey, and compliance with operational support processes i.e. operational readiness, DR, etc.)
The key success factors for Project delivery include:
• Deliver all Projects on time, on budget and to Client’s expectations
• Target to achieve a 80% + customer satisfaction for each Project delivered
• Deliver ‘t-shirt’ estimates for infrastructure Services within 48 hours from the time the request is sent to Service Provider
• Complete the requirement gathering and Project solution design within agreed timelines.
o Integrate and accept handoff from Client’s infrastructure group for implementation by third party based on a reasonable scan and checklist agreed with Client. The process will be simple and Service Levels will apply when infrastructure is subject to Service Levels set forth in Schedule AC.
o Maintain a core team of PMO dedicated resources both local and offshore to be able to manage the forecasted Client volume of Projects.
o In order to meet the dynamic Client Project demand, ramp up or down any PMO resources including: Project Service Delivery (Unix, Intel, Linux, DBA, MW, etc.) PM, senior PM, and Project Leads with 2 weeks’ notice from Client, unless an exception has otherwise been approved by Client.
o Approve customer satisfaction cards
o Provide sign off for Project Deliverables
o Approve invoices for the Project work executed by Service Provider
o Approved assignment of Service Provider resources to Client Projects
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com