Role: Desktop Support Technician – Level 1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Job Type: Permanent/ Full Time
This position assists users with technical support for desktop/laptop computers, applications, printers and related technologies.
· Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis support/resolution to end users located onsite. Wi-Fi support and Mobile Device support.
· Assists users with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
· Basic phone system support of desk phones and other ancillary telecom hardware and software; Data network troubleshooting and support including campus MDF, IDF and hardware/connections servicing campus.
· Coordinate and manage relationships with support teams that provide support for hardware / Software / network and other infrastructure problem issues.
· Setup, configure, and support for video conferencing as provided by Apollo in campus conference rooms and classrooms.
· Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
· Works with service desk as appropriate to determine and resolve issues faced by end users.
· Respond to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure teams.
· Use the Ticket Tracking System (HPSM) to document and manage Incidents, Service requests, problems and their respective resolutions and avoidances.
· Backing up/restoring user profiles, e-mail and Apollo work related documents.
· Training: Be willing to participate & provide training to the service desk team to help enhance skills and support capabilities. End user training on software and technology related items; Guidance to students and faculty on the use of Apollo technology.
· Create Knowledge base articles to track appropriate knowledge.
· Ensure all escalated tickets are handled and resolved with high customer satisfaction and with Tickets aging in control.
· Work on Reporting, generating day to day reports, Adhoc reports as and when required.
· Microsoft environment knowledge (desktop & server).
· Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
· Coordinate desktop changes to avoid deployment collisions.
· Performs upgrades and general preventive maintenance tasks as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment.
· Collaborate with campus leaders and IT Operations staff to provide technology support for regional projects or events.
· Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus.
· Ensures that end user’s computers connect seamlessly with diverse systems including validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers and administrative systems.
· Assist in user/hardware movement and branch relocations.
· Performs work in compliance within specified warranty requirements.
· Returns defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels.
· Escalate the issues to proper tier 3 support team when the restoration is beyond the scope and all resources are exhausted.
· Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming incidents or service requests.
· Willing to travel to remote sites to provide support as and when required.
· Hands-on work experience with the following:
· Windows Operating systems
· Clients: Windows 7, Windows XP etc.
· Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003 etc.
· Basic Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007.
· ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center.
· MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio.
· Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
· PDA, Blackberry, Apple device support.
· Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com