Role: Mainframe Automation Programmer/Analyst
Job Location: Scarborough, Ontario – Canada
Job Type: Contract
The Mainframe Automation Programmer/Analyst is responsible for designing, coding, testing and maintaining the proprietary mainframe automation system and its underlying use of vendor supplied Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). The mainframe automation system consists of custom written programs known as NetView Configuration Manager (NCM) and Operations Management Console (OMC) that are specific to the mainframe operation and automation services. The overall responsibility covers ongoing maintenance and support of the current NCM programming environment and to assist with the design, planning and implementation of the mainframe automation modernization strategy, automation enhancements required to fulfil operability and availability initiatives, as well as restoration of service identified through root cause analysis of any problems with the system.
· Will learn all aspects of NCM and its related services (the complete proprietary package).
· Is responsible for the planning, developing, testing, implementing and supporting NCM, NetView and GDPS (Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex) software.
· Is responsible for proprietary NCM components: NCM Generic Automation Interface (GAI), NCM Automation Server, NCM OMC Workstation and NCM Escalation System.
· Is responsible for software automation integration of the mainframe system to external systems in the enterprise; BMC Atrium Orchestration and related automation services (BPPM, BBSA), BMC Remedy, and Tandem automation.
· Designs, codes and tests modifications to system automation software. Analyzes and resolves complex automation and related operational problems in order to meet SLA’s and incur minimal impacts.
· Creates detailed documentation related to NCM and the suite of related automation products, software interfaces, API’s, and external systems for operations and support to assess impacts and trouble shoot issues.
· Provides representation and consultation in planning and project forums to ensure automation requirements are included in production implementation.
· Conducts research with vendors related to software products and options for the purpose of system currency.
· Adheres to standard ITIL Change and Incident Management processes for implementation and support.
· Participates in key departmental initiatives, including site backup exercises, to meet organizational Business Continuity requirements.
· Tests and verifies security controls in fixes, and new or upgraded products.
· Contributes to BMO Financial Group’s overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Possesses a university degree/college diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· 5 – 7 years programming or software support experience but we will consider person with less experience at a more junior position.
· Learns and maintains solid knowledge of supported products and platforms, system automation interfaces and exits, NetView, NetView Program-to-Program Interface (PPI).
· Learns and maintains sound knowledge of the T&O environment and BMO organization.
· Demonstrates skills in one or more of the programming languages used in the NCM environment, including: z/OS Assembler, JCL, C, Java, ,SQL, XML, HTML and scripting languages such as REXX, CLIST, Perle, Windows Batch Files and Linux Shell.
· Demonstrates applied skill in one or more of: debugging techniques, online text editor or system interface tools; system design, data access methods, software maintenance practices
· Displays solid knowledge in terms of Incident Management, Change Management, Implementation Processes, Configuration and Release Management
· Exhibits good working knowledge of some or all of: z/OS, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, NetView, RACF, VSAM, XCF, BMC Remedy, BMC Atrium Orchestrator, Visual Studio for C++, Windows Operating Systems,
· Demonstrates strong structured programming skills.
· Demonstrates solid communication and interpersonal skills.
· Exhibits solid problem solving and analytical skills.
· Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and customer-service oriented.
· The working environment provides minimal exposure to discomfort or risk to safety. Work hours include normal business hours with the occasional on-call and weekend support.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org