Position : Mainframes System Programmer
Location : Pittsfield, MA, USA
Duration : 6 Months Contract
· Perform installation, maintenance and upgrades of system software products using SMP/E
· Perform installation, maintenance and upgrades of 3rd party system level software products.
· Assist other members of IT, such as Application Development, Operations, Network Services and Systems Programmers.
· Monitor performance of the system hardware and software. Isolate, correct and improve operational efficiency through changes to the software packages or reconfiguration of hardware.
· Review security at system level (RACF & ACF2) and provide recommendations for improvements.
· Report progress on a weekly basis of status on all assigned work tasks in a written report.
· Provide 24X7 on call support and occasional weekend onsite support.
· Supporting the Mainframe operations Team during the IPL’s of the Mainframe.
· Support Production Monitoring operations staff whenever needed.
· Contact IBM if any issues with the hardware.
· Experience as a z/OS Systems Programmer.
· Experience working with SMPE in MVS and/or z/OS.
· Experience installing and/or upgrading 3rd party products in MVS and/or z/OS.
· Experience with DFSMS in MVS and/or z/OS.
· Experience with RACF in MVS and/or z/OS.
· Experience with z/OS 1.09 and higher versions.
· Experience with IBM zSeries mainframe.
· Experience with Unix Systems Services (USS) on z/OS.
· Experience with multiple LPARs and shared DASD.
· Experience with CLIST and REXX.
Experience in Mainframe Tapes Arrays:
· DS6800 – DS4700 disk failures, Monitor the IBM HMC (Hardware management Console),
· Install microcode updates to the Z/10 system when necessary from IBM.
· Vary channels offline & online and perform debugging for I/O errors.
· Support Application team on requests Application Support may ask for system related data to be gathered via DFSMF records or from thr backups.
· Should be able to pull reports from Storage Management Facility (SMF) or from backups, archived data, ASM2 backups etc.
· Create new procedures to assist application team when necessary.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com