Role: SQL DBA – Leve-3
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Job Type: Contract
Years of Experience: 10+
Our client needs a Level-3 SQL Database Administrators with very sound experience in migration from SQL 2005 to SQL 2012 and in BAU in the capacity of a Level-3 resource.
The offered position is for Level-3 SQL Database Administrators, to become part of the initiatives of migration from 2005 to 2012, with overall experience of at least 8 years with excellent communication skills and business interfacing experience.
The required L3 DBA should be able to mirror database, do trouble shooting, work independently, prepare performance matrix in addition to performing standard L3 jobs.
Key Responsibilities :-
– Being an a SME and Level-3 MS SQL DBA for the migration from MS SQL 2005 to 2012
– Adhering to SLAs
– Mentoring / Training Team Members
– Handling tickets / requests
– Perform root cause analysis
– Troubleshooting technical issues
– Defining processes and ensuring that the processes are adhered to
– Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
– Ensure maximum uptime according to the SLA
– Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
– Responsible for building / maintaining a test environment
– Responsible for strategizing a backup plan and test plan for failure scenario
– Improves and maintains customer and employee satisfaction
– Suggests new technologies and design changes
– Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
– Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24×7 operation support
– Suggesting patches/upgrades to maintain security level
– Testing / Auditing/processes as required from time to time
– Identify Skill gaps and plan for training / knowledge updating
– Evaluate the Database Server Hardware.
– Define/Recommend/Maintain Database Standards and Architecture.
– Recommend Server H/W, SQL Server Editions for a new Build
– Expert in Database Design.
– Research and Recommend Patch management for database/instance and Impact Analysis.
– Initiate need and Impact Analysis for Database Migration/Upgrade
– Technical Consultation.
– Vendor Support and Interaction
– Advance Database Performance tuning (Perfmon, Profiler,Database Tuning WIzard etc.)
– Recommend and Review Backup and Recovery Strategies.
– Knowledge about new feature of MS SQL Server 2012 (Always on, Columnstore, SQL Azure enhancements Etc.)
– Having experience of DR Solution/Implementation/Execution through various synch methods.
– Designing strategy towards Capacity Management for DB tracks.
– Designing SQL Server Security (Server hardening,Auditing,SOX compliance)
– High Availability Features (Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication)
– Administering SSRS, SSIS and SSAS (Functional knowledge will be an added advantage)
– Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
– Good documentation skills
– Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
– Should have a great customer handling skills
– Able to handle unforeseen situations
– High level of acceptance
– Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
Other Skills / Experience
– Worked on Production systems
– Experience with Database Migration, Installation, Upgrades and Patching
– Datacenter understanding
– Knowledge of Data warehousing and Other RDBMS
– Knowledge of Gateways for Other DBs
– Storage Management Techniques
– Experience on Veritas / Microsoft Cluster
– Experience on Third Party backup tools
Agencies are requested to ensure that each candidate fills the details of the relevant experience and of why the candidate believes that he/she meets each of the below requirements. This table is to be filled and pasted in the beginning of the CV:
(Please answer Yes and No, then write a brief note)
Must have experience in BFSI organizations (Banking/Finance/Securities/Insurance)
Must have performed the role of Level 3 MS SQL DBA role, for the last 3-4 years with an overall experience of at least 8 years
Should have at least 3 years of migration experience for migrating databases from MS SQL 2005 to 2012
Should have at least 3 years of experience in mirroring the database and preparing the performance matrix for a complex MS SQL estate
Should have the below certifications:
MCTIS and MCTIP
Excellent communication Skills
Flexible Working, like extended hours and some weekends
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com