Profile: iSeries (AS/400) Administrator
Location: – Orlando , FL
Experience: Four-year college degree in Information Technology and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The incumbent will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
· Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
· Develop, support and troubleshoot all BRMS (Backup, Recovery and Media Services) tape backup strategies.
· Provide training to all AS/400 Computer Operators on all system tools.
· Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing AS/400 systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems in terms of processing performance.
· Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
· Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes.
· Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
· Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
· Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
· Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is key.
· Must be available to cover Oncall shifts as needed.
· Four-year college degree in Information Technology and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
· Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
· Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards, including IBM iSeries systems and interfaces.
· Extensive experience with core software applications, including iSeries security and Operating Systems up to and including IBM i V7R2.
· Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience in large IBM i on Power Systems (iSeries, AS/400) environments is key.
· Working technical knowledge of CL programming language.
· Strong knowledge and experience with the data replication tools (e.g. – Vision Solutions MIMIX, OMS/ODS, etc.) is a big plus.
· Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including IBM iSeries Access (formerly known as Client Access).
· Familiarity with 3rd Party vendor utilities (e.g. – Aldon CMS, TurnOver, TAATOOL, DBU, Hawkeye/Pathfinder, etc.).
· Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot and maintain Robot products (e.g. – Robot/SCHEDULE, Robot/NETWORK, Robot/CLIENT, Robot/ALERT, etc.), ensuring stability of production processes a big plus.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Ability to interact with all different levels of personnel within the organization.
· Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com