Job Title: Cloud Automation Engineer
Linked to Role Title: System Engineer (SE)
Linked to Role Level: Level 3
Location: East Hanover, NJ
• Responsible for installation, configuration, customization, validation, qualification, administration and support of Private Cloud Automation Tools (Cisco UCS Director, Cisco Prime Service Catalogue, Cisco Process Orchestrator, Cisco UCS Performance Manager,
• Organize and coordinate the activities associated with installation, upgrade and patching of Automation Tools.
• Consult with and make recommendations to Private Cloud teams (Service Delivery, Demand, Engineering) in defining, implementing and delivering Private Cloud Service Offerings
• Improve, track progress, and make recommendations on Automation tools improvements, imaging, and new releases.
• Help in sizing and validating solution design
• Install and configure Automation Tools adhering to security and organizational standards
• Ensure availability of Automation Platform to meet agreed SLAs
• Resolve any issues in timely manner to avoid disruption to service
• Train operations team to use Automation tools effectively
• Document design, configuration and implementation details
• Document Standard Operating Procedures for using and maintaining Automation toolset
• Maintain current knowledge of Automation Tools.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Achieve agreed targets in terms of quality, time and cost.
• Ensure successful completion of projects on time and operational stability
• Adhere to strict standards and ITIL processes
• Implement strategies to allow ongoing operational upgrades and ever-greening of technical solutions
• Ensure that the system remains qualified and that all new processes go through a proper vetting as determined by quality management.
• Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
• Train and assist in directing lower technical resources to promote positive resource usage.
• Capable of taking technical lead role for category A and B projects with more than 4 indirect reports.
• Capable of managing projects related to Private Cloud Infrastructure projects (< $3m) with either local or global scope.
• Ability to collaborate with resources from GIS and the business lines, acting as subject matter expert for cloud based computing.
• Ensure Private Cloud Infrastructure operations are aligned with strategies of GIS to ensure support for the future technology roadmap.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• University working and thinking level, degree in computer science or comparable education / experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience in process Automation and Tools integration
• InDepth understanding of deploying Windows, Linux, Database (SQL Server and Oracle) in a virtualized (VMware) environment
• Experience in creating interfaces to Data Centre infrastructure tools (Remedy on Demand incl. Atrium CMDB, SQL, HP Omi, NetBackup, TSM etc.)
• More than 6 years of Virtualization (VMware) and Cloud technologies
• Knowledge of Converged (Vblock) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix) platforms
• Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams
• Basic knowledge of Service Management (ITIL) through experience or certification.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Proven capability and experience in leading projects and resources
• Experience of working in GxP/SOX qualified environments
• Experience of working in a matrix organization including off-shore teams
• English (written and spoken) required
• Agreeable to travel (globally) as required (<= 30%)
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: firstname.lastname@example.org