Title: Service Desk Manager
Location: Cary, NC
· Manage the service desk team’s daily activities.
· Function as the client’s single point-of-contact for problem identification and resolution for issues that have been escalated by the team.
· Improve usage of Support resources and increase productivity of the team.
· Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee client expectations are met.
· Maintain awareness of all outstanding client pre- and post-delivery issues and provide status to clients as necessary.
· Interface with appropriate technical personnel for client problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
· Understand overall service desk objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member.
· Contribute to the continuity of services by providing the necessary leadership.
· Drive problem investigations and resolution as required.
· Ensure that tasks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that service is delivered successfully.
· Design and maintain process documentation for the service desk team.
· Manage the process of implementing change efficiently and effectively.
· Manage IT service desk staff including month-ends, performance evaluations, promotions, hiring, and disciplinary responsibilities.
Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids
· are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the company.
· Phone support experience necessary.
· Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
· Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
· Hands-on work experience with the following:
· Windows Operating systems
· Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
· Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
· ITSM ticketing tools such as Service Now, Remedy, Etc
· User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
· Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
· MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
· Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
· VPN and remote dial-in users
– Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
– Good documentation skills
– Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
– Should have a great customer handling skills
– Able to handle unforeseen situations
– High level of acceptance
– Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
Other Skills / Experience
Knowledge and experience in cross-functional management methods and techniques
· Strong organizational, presentation, and client service skills.
· Skill in strategic planning with an ability to think ahead and plan over a 6-12 month time span.
· Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
· Skill in leading people and getting results with a strong client orientation.
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
· Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
Years of Experience
3-4 yrs of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
• 5 years of IT related experience
• 3 years of management experience
– ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred
– Bachelors / Masters / Equivalent
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
Benita | 678-720-1686 | firstname.lastname@example.org