Role: Infrastructure Architect | Location: Providence, RI | Job Type: Contract to Hire
Overall Responsibilities will require to:
• Design solutions that integrate hardware, operating systems and connectivity for the target technology
• Evaluate new technologies and stay current with industry trends and developments.
• Assist in developing and maintaining the Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture framework.
• Review business drivers, needs and strategies with Application Enterprise Architects to understand the implications of technical and middleware architecture.
• Identify and communicate risks (business, application, technical) associated with requested components or application implementations.
• Work on complex programs that have multiple applications components.
• Experience to address Fortune 100 scale datacenter and infrastructure on global basis with 18,000 servers (Windows, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris) and 4PB of storage (EMC, Netapp, HP)
• Be able to understand the business side of IT infrastructure and Strategy and participate in meetings with stakeholders for strategy and direction
• Ensure compliance with developed architectures and best practice through audits and gap analysis specific to IT infrastructure technology.
• Develop engineered solutions including design(s), specifications, documents, diagrams and configurations applicable to data center services.
• Develop user focused solutions spanning multiple IT Infrastructure technologies.
• Design Infrastructure solutions spanning multiple technologies based on application platform requirements
• Ability to audit existing infrastructure architectures, identify gaps and propose resolution path and future roadmap
• Provide expertise, input and troubleshooting support as the most senior level of technical escalation for IT infrastructure engineering and on-call operational teams.
• Experience in transformation projects that include Subsystem Standardization, Common Refresh, Common OS, Control Center Standardization and Hardware Refresh
• Establish fully document and evangelize domain standards, best practices and architecture patterns across the Autodesk eco-system
• Develop service reference architectures and artifacts which ensure and enforce architectural consistency across solutions implementation. Ensure consistency of architectural artifacts generated by engineering teams.
• Design and establish metric models and dashboards measuring and enforcing architectural compliance
• Assess business process, technology and information architecture at logical, system and component levels to understand the risks/benefits to Autodesk, apply critical thinking, and influence the overall design of the system.
• Understand big picture enterprise risk patterns, contribute to strategic planning, and address as initiatives.
• Establish infrastructure architecture best practices, communicate and link them to implementation guidelines – make them actionable.
• Develop content and instructional design strategy for security courses to promote domain competence of colleagues and partners.
• Establish strong working relationships with Customer and Peer Solution Architects.
• Establish strong working relationships with the business, operations and other technology tower members.
• Participate in HCL-wide Architecture/Engineering working groups ensuring that the technology organization is aligned to corporate technology directions.
Relevant Technical Skills
The critical skills will depend on his/her current level and specific responsibilities within the organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills that a Sr. Infrastructure Architect may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
• Understanding of Data Center Compute Solutions including vertical and horizontally scaling solutions for Intel in physical, virtual and cloud environments.
• Deep experience with storage management in large environment (SAN/NAS) with architecture design and planning. Must have experience with EMC, Dell and Netapp storage.
• Understanding with all aspects of high availability, fault tolerant architectures
• Knowledge of Virtual environments and hypervisor management including ESX
• Deep and Broad Infrastructure experience related to large server environment with Windows and Linux/RHEL. Other Unix flavors (HP, Solaris, AIX) are a plus to have.
• Deep experience of Data Center Compute Solutions including vertical and horizontally scaling solutions for Intel in physical, virtual and cloud environments.
• Experienced with all aspects of high availability, fault tolerant architectures
• Expert level experience with vCloud Director, vSphere, ESX/ESX, Hyper-V, VMware View,
• Experience with Virtual Networking for VMWARE
Knowledge on Key Technologies required
• O/S & Network: Windows Server, Citrix, TCP/IP, L2/L3 Switching, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Remote Access
• Critical Skill: Microsoft Windows 2003-2012 R2 server design through implementation experience
• Hardware: UNIX Servers (HP, IBM, Sun), Wintel Servers(HP, IBM, DELL), Storage (EMC, NetApp, IBM), Database Appliance (Oracle Exadata)
• Virtualization design experience
• Storage solutions: EMC and Netapp. Hands on experience with fiber and iSCSI technologies.
• Experience with capacity planning and capacity planning tools, virtualization, migration, EOSL, upgrades, benchmarking and benchmarking tools.
• Experience with DR planning and technologies for supporting DR such as: VMWare SRM, DB replication, file replication and mirroring.
• Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio
• Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus
• Databases: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Microsoft SQL Server
• Information Risk Management: High-Availability Design, Microsoft Active Directory
• Automation skills and tools: WMI, DCOM, VBscript, Jscript, PowerShell, PowerCLI, SUA
• Software Engineering Experience: Tuxedo, Eclipse/MyEclipse, C, PowerBuilder, TSql, PL-SQL, SQL Plus, K Shell
• eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML
• Modeling / Reporting Tools : Embarcadero, Erwin, Metadata Tools, Cognos
• Standards & Methodology: ITIL, Six Sigma, CMMI
Technical Certifications Desired
• Infra Architecture Certifications
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) (Desired)
• Red Hat Certifications (Desired)
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) (Required)
Work Experience Required
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in overall IT
• At least 5+ years of large Data Center experience with architecture and planning capabilities for servers, consolidation and virtualization focus
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
PH NO: +1-678-720-3170 || SKYPE ID: abraham_vdart || EMAIL ID: email@example.com