Job Title: Network Design Engineer
Location: Barrie, ON, Canada
Possesses a university degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 5 to 7 years of hands on experience installing and/or maintaining Cisco, Avaya (Nortel), Exposure to Radware, Checkpoint a definite asset.
● Completion of 3 to 7 years experience in data centre network environments
● Completion of a current CCNA/CCNP certification is required. Completion of Certifications from Nortel, Radware, Checkpoint and Juniper a definite asset.
● Possesses advanced knowledge of Network technology architecture and design requirements
● Displays advanced knowledge of Enterprise methodologies, tools, software and hardware
● Knowledge of load balancing, both Cisco CSS/CSM and Radware Alteon and GSS
● Cisco L2/L3 routing and switching including but not limited to 3750 series, 6500 series, Nexus 7K/5K/2K
● Avaya (Nortel) L2/L3 switching including 8600 /5500 series
● Routing protocol OSPF, BGP, EBGP, IBGP and RIP
● Prior experience and understanding of ITIL standards as they relate to the incident/problem/ change management is required
● Demonstrates solid knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and web based technologies
● Demonstrates sound experience supporting a production network environment and be able to document problems. Processes, and communicate to management in a concise manner.
● Experience with Linux is considered an asset
● Possesses above average verbal / written communication skills
● Demonstrates exceptional collaboration skills, and is equally adept working within a team framework or on their own initiative
● Must have exceptionally good multitasking and organizational skills – there is a need to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
● Maintains a solid understanding of network architectures and topologies and applied troubleshooting skills