#JOB – DB2 DBA – Wilson, NC (#DB2DBA #SAP #SAPDBA #SAPDB2 #NorthCarolina)
Title: DB2 DBA
Location: Wilson, NC
– Design fault tolerant DB2 environments for SAP Financials.
– Design and implement automation using scripts, must be proficient in scripting
– Design and implement replication and backups for mission critical/tier 1 databases
– Recommend and implement in depth tuning for infrastructure and applications
– Review databases and determine compliance with IBM and SAP best practices
– Review existing DB infrastructure and determine areas of improvement
– Implement software lifecycle method to ensure we are always running a supported release
– Responsible for all aspects of database configuration, maintenance, backup, tuning, patching and restoration.
– Review IBM and SAP to determine when its necessary to apply patches and works with COE to coordinate scheduling
– Coordinate patch implementation and post patch testing/validation
– Design a robust monitoring and event notification system utilizing existing monitoring software
– Active engagement with project team through all aspects of life cycle and engagement as needed to support multiple phases of development while ensuring production stability.
– Consults with Systems Development, DBA Staff and Technical Support on technical problems, methods, directions and data access methods like SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions.
– Works with team members in the analysis, development and delivery of all support and project work for assigned function(s). Provides mentoring, knowledge, skills transfer and training to staff. Performs resource planning, deployment, tracking and reporting for all assigned team members.
– Consults with the DBA staff and Technical Support groups in the tuning and upgrading of database management system software.
– Confers with and advises others in the use and applicability of database systems and supporting products.
– Develops, monitors, and maintains backup and recovery for all assigned databases.
– Provides requirement analysis and evaluations for proposed data management software products and solutions. Develops or directs the development of utilities used for the monitoring, tuning and analysis of database systems. Stays current on data management technologies and directions.
– Partners with Basis team to work on application performance issues as well as system performance issues.
– Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
– Consults with application programmers, technical staff and end users in troubleshooting and improving application response time and availability. Performs database performance monitoring and analysis and proactively implements needed adjustments.
– 8 – 12 years Database administration experience, preferably in a large IT organization
– DB2 database certifications preferred.
– SAP on DB2 certification preferred.
– 4 – 6 years Database administration experience using SAP.
– Understand SAP architecture, perform DB2 installations, using SAP DBACockpit, and navigate SAP with various T-codes and Menus, monitoring SAP application
– Understanding of Open SQL for ABAP, SAP Security for databases and SAP dictionaries.
– Understanding and use of the SAP DBA Cockpit.
– Problem determination and solving skills. Understanding of how to take DB2 traces, db2pd, explain tools, working with IBM to work issues thru PMR’s, etc
– Familiarity with the SAP tools that perform database maintenance.
– Working knowledge of Java – Ability to troubleshoot Java application issues
– Scripting experience required.
– Understanding of SAP DB2 UDF maintenance.
#DB2DBA #SAPDB2 #SAPDBA #Job #Jobs #NorthCarolina
APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
(Employers / Vendors) Click Here to Apply
(Candidates) Click Here to Apply
Abraham | 678-720-3170 | firstname.lastname@example.org