Title of Position: Exchange Messaging and Lync Unified Communications lead
Location: : Cary, NC
Duration: Long Term
Employment: Contract OR Permanent
UCMS MESSAGING SERVICES OVERVIEW:
The UCMS team is part of a shared services organization under an Enterprise IT umbrella. This team supports over 20,000 mailboxes across business segments. This job description addresses the roles and responsibilities of Messaging Administrator.
The Messaging Administrator will be responsible for the administration of Messaging Services infrastructure and assist in L2 and L3 tier client support in a large-scale, fast-moving environment. This includes application, maintenance, documentation, and working with end users. The candidate will participate in Messaging-related support activities which include but are not limited to: Administration of Messaging Systems Infrastructure (Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010, Lync , Office 365, Cisco IronPort, and other software applications and appliances that are used to support our messaging infrastructure), escalation resolution, system monitoring, and training of 2nd and 1st tier support teams.
DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Office 365 administration and support in hybrid configuration architecture.
- Exchange 2010/2013 and Office 365 administration and support.
- Microsoft Lync , Outlook 2010/2013 troubleshooting and support.
- Work with solution vendors for administration and troubleshooting of enterprise email services.
- Assist with solution documentation including operational procedures and systems health checks.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support for Messaging applications as part of a team rotation
- Document Processes for end user FAQ’s
- Train/mentor Tier 1 and 2 support services
- Implement and follow policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures
- Participate in messaging related projects and procedural activities
- Maintenance and Scripting to support Messaging Environments
Education or equivalent:
- BS in computer or related field or relevant work experience of 5+ more years in a large enterprise messaging environment.
- Specific skills required
- 5+ years of experience with email engineering and administration of Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007/2010/2013 and Lync Instant Messaging Service.
- 2+ years of experience with Office 365.
- 3+ years of experience with Unified Messaging.
- 2+ years of experience with email security appliances (IronPort).
- Experience with Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 (server and client)
- Proficient with PowerShell and other scripting skills used to automate messaging processes and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient with TCP/IP and IT related applications such as WINS, DNS, TELNET.
- Knowledgeable of Change Management processes.
- Excellent research and troubleshooting skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Client Training Skills
- Must be able to deal appropriately with confidential information
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Solid professional and customer service skills
#ExchangeMessaging #LyncServer #UnifiedMessasing #Office365 #ExchangeServer #ExchangeMessaging #LyncServer #UnifiedMessasing #Office365 #ExchangeServer
Thanks and Regards,
Gtalk: Maideen.vdartinc | YIM: Maideen.vdartinc