Title of Position: SOA Tester
Duration: Long Term
This tester will provide support in developing SOA/integration interface test plans and estimates, automated test script development, executing service test scripts, reporting/tracking defects. The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within Mercury projects; authoring test plans and test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work within various test methodologies such as SAFe agile
• Participate in the web application technical design process with the Application Architects on Internet and eCommerce related development projects.
• Test web services using CA Lisa automated scripts.
• Test web services using SDLC best practices.
• Participate in all phases of web services system testing.
• Develop, implement and maintain quality and test procedures, processes and best practices for QA.
• Develop and maintain test plan and test cases with associated test data based upon functional and non-functional requirements.
• Identify test automation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of test services.
• Contribute to test automation scripting standards and best practices.
• Understand SOA Reference Architecture.
• Elicit & understand SOA testing requirements.
• Write automation scripts and participate in peer reviews.
• Develop a repeatable process for designing, developing, and executing scripts.
• Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams.
• Report and document defects found during test cycles. Participate in defect prioritization sessions.
• Work with development teams to instill testability into development practices.
• Provide test services for support activity and work with release management to assure product release quality.
• Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
• 3+ years of hands-on, automation testing of web services (both REST and SOAP protocols)
• 2+ years of Java programming
• In depth knowledge of SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
• Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQ, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON
• 1+ years of writing and maintaining scripts in QTP/UFT using VBScript and modular frameworks
• 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
• 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
• 1+ years of using JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
• 2+ years of using T-SQL or PL/SQL for database validation
• Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
Position/Project Specific Preferences/Desires:
• Prefer 1+ years of automation testing web services using ITKO LISA, CA LISA, or CA DevTest
• Prefer experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
#SOATesting, #Webservices, #JavaPrograming, #ALM, #QTP/UFT
Ruth | 678-720-4898 | ruth
Thanks and Regards,