Title of Position: QA Lead
Location: : Cincinnati OH
Duration: Long Term
The QA Lead is responsible for quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test plans and test cases; and performing / leading test execution for both project and support related activities. The QA lead is responsible for leading a team of test professionals, located locally or remotely in the US or India. The QA lead is responsible for coordinating all phases of testing: system integration testing, system testing, end to end testing, performance testing, security testing. The QA Lead will be leading teams for both automated regression testing (UFT/QTP preferred) and automated web service testing (CA LISA preferred). The Kroger QA lead should be familiar with the Agile Methodology as well as be familiar with Automation technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
QA Lead Responsibilities and Task Assignments:
The QA lead is responsible for coordinating all phases of testing: system integration testing, system testing, end to end testing, performance testing, security testing.
· Create QA Task List
· Set up metrics and reporting structure for project
· Develop or oversee the development of test activities estimates, resource plans, costs, benefits, and timelines for projects.
· Complete risk and impact assessment for requests and ensure quality and a timely delivery of all projects.
· Identify training needs
· Identify test environment needs
· Define and Create a Defect Tracking Process / Procedure
· Create Test Plan
· Perform and/or Oversee Test Case Development
· Manage the day-to-day activities of a group of testers to complete project and support related activities. Delegate assignments to staff members as a part of this process.
· Ensure Test Case reviews with stakeholders are being held as appropriate.
· Verify Proper Configuration of Tools
· Formally accept application for testing.
· Coordinate Test Execution.
· Conduct Defect Triage meetings as appropriate.
· Identify opportunity for “shift to the left” unit testing coverage.
· Identify opportunity for automation.
· Monitor/review automated script creation.
· Ensure adherence to automation frameworks.
· Coordinate other types of testing (SOA testing, performance testing), where necessary.
· Update Project List Activities for Project Management
· Develop, track, analyze, and communicate test-related metrics to project stakeholders.
· Keep Management, Project Managers and stakeholders informed of current state of quality and test progress against pilot / production readiness criteria.
· Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
· Formally certify application for pilot.
· Monitor Pilot
· Conduct Root Cause Analysis and identify and implement process improvements.
· Perform functional manual application testing, quality assurance.
· Assess quality and test process maturity level and assist in defining strategy to implement best practices.
· Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
· Provide leadership to quality engineers, with complete responsibility and accountability for delivery of project tasks assigned to the QA team.
· Identify and lead implementation of software quality metrics that results in improvement initiatives.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
· Manage test services for support activity and works with release management to assure product release quality
· Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, reduce support, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
· Provide coaching, education, and career development for QA team.
· Continuously work to increase technical knowledge through self-study and classroom training.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
· 3+ years of QA Lead experience
· 2+ years of hands-on, automation testing of web services (both REST and SOAP protocols)
· 2+ years of Java programming
· In depth knowledge of SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
· Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQ, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON
· 2+ years of creating automated tests using QTP/UFT and VBScript
· 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
· 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
· 1+ years of using JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
· 2+ years of using T-SQL or PL/SQL for database validation
· Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
Position/Project Specific Preferences/Desires:
· Prefer 1+ years of automation testing web services using ITKO LISA, CA LISA, or CA DevTest
· Prefer SOA experience to be in most recent project
· Prefer QTP/UFT experience to be recent (within the last 2 years)
· Prefer Agile methodology being utilized in the current/most recent project
· Prefer experience in the SAFe Agile approach
· Prefer having a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
#QALead, #QualityAssurance, #SOA