Role: Senior Oracle Applications Developer
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Job Description – Senior Oracle Applications Developer
The Senior Oracle Applications Developer’s role is to partner with customers, functional business analysts and other team members in driving appropriate design and implementation of technical solutions to meet desired business requirements. Design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications within the application in support of the business function. The developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle in accordance with the business goals and organizational architectural standards.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with business analysts, business users and other developers in conceptualization and development of new technical objects within the Oracle applications environment.
- Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
- Evaluate requirements from functional specifications and create efficient technical designs.
- Analyze and plan Oracle release upgrades.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development standards and best practices.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Create and resolve Service Requests in collaboration with Oracle Support.
- Provide generalized production technical support.
- Gather business requirements and recommend industry best practices and work with functional knowledge holders.
- Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment, e.g., reports, interfaces, conversions and custom applications extensions.
- Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements.
- Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
- Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
- Proactively work through service requests with vendor support as needed.
- Coordinate work efforts with the DBA and middleware teams for application change controls and system performance issues.
- Provide support to System Administrators relating to custom responsibilities, security profiles, menus, and user account provisioning.
- Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
- Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the work.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3-7 years IT experience.
- 5+ years progressively responsible ERP application implementation and support experience.
- Proven experience in 2 or more ERP modules including those in the Quote to Cash, Demand to Build, Procure to Pay, Accounting to Financial Reports or Warehouse Management.
- Proven development expertise and experience in the Oracle Database system including skills in Oracle SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, and Oracle SQL Loader.
- Must be well versed with data models and interfaces for applicable ERP modules.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the 2 or more of the following tools: Linux/Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Approvals Management (AME), Oracle Forms (or other equivalent), Oracle Reports/Oracle BI Publisher (or other equivalent), Oracle Alerts, Oracle Application Framework, Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Java.
- Conversational English required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Reporting and Business Intelligence experience with Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Experience with event-driven enterprise architecture with Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA).
- Experience with ETL/ELT development with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or other packages.
- Expertise with database integrated development environments such as Quest TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, All Around Automations PL/SQL Developer.
- Experience in Java development.
- Experience in Enterprise Scheduling with BMC Control-M.
- Experience in working with version control and software configuration management tools including Subversion, CVS, HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM).
- Oracle Certification.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally focused multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Physical Activities/Capabilities/Work Environment
- Sit for extended periods of time; walk and stand occasionally.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components constantly.
- Lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers, devices, and peripherals occasionally.
- Work environment involves everyday risk or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, i.e., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- Work area is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
- May occasionally travel (domestic and international).
- Work outside the standard office 8 hour work day may be required.
|Similar Oracle Jobs – Mexico|
#OracleAppsDeveloper #OracleTechnical #Reports #OracleDiscoverer #ODI #TOAD #Pl/SQL #Job #Jobs #MexicoCity #Mexico
Abraham | 678-720-3170 | email@example.com | Tweet Me @abraham_vdart