I am hiring for one of our direct client /Implementing partner. Please find below the Job Description, if interested please revert with the updated copy of your resume in a word format and a good time to discuss this opportunity further. If you are not looking for a change at this time – appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to your friends or colleagues; so that we can help someone who may be in search of a job or looking for a change.
Position : Senior SLM/ Solution Architect
Duration : FTE
Sunnyvale, CA/ Irvine, CA/ Boston, MA
Note :: who are willing to open for Traveling.
Job Description – Senior SLM
Service Line Manager (SLM) is responsible for providing technical/non-technical consulting & advisory services for clients, leading and executing Datacenter transformations and/or transitions. The SLM functions in both pre-sales and post-sales capacity with broad horizontal skill sets and a core competency in networking and security technologies. SLMs are competent in key areas such as solution design, implementations, operations, relationship building and client interaction. Responsibilities include understanding and evaluating current Data Center implementation and operations at client sites, and designing and implement new solutions. Demonstrates experience in leading a team of technical experts while working with sales, delivery and support teams to analyze, design, troubleshoot, and implement network architectures and solutions in order to best meet client requirements, and follow best practices.
- Strategic and Operations planning including staffing for a number of projects/programs
- Set the direction and actively lead a team of SMEs, Technical experts and participates in implementations, migrations, transitions and escalation support on projects
- Demonstrate technical and advisory skills for customers, sales and other consultants, and effectively communicate the technical and business message
- Work with Sales and Delivery teams to provide technical and business expertise
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with Customer and Business Units
- Audit infrastructure, create roadmaps and provide recommendations
- Provide other team members with in depth knowledge of new advances in Data Center related technologies
- Minimum 14 to 18 years relevant experience in leading teams in architecture, implementation, support, operations and migrations in a datacenter environment
- Must be able to independently lead diverse and multi-region teams, and take complete ownership and responsibility of the teams and solutions
- Must have experience in managing large teams
- Must have the ability to work on multiple large scale projects
- Must have hands on experience in virtualized environments
- Must have experience in converged infrastructure like Vblock or Flexpod etc.
- Must have a good understanding of all DC areas like Network, Compute, Storage and Backup with expertise in at least one of the areas
- Must have architectural or implementation experience in core technologies like
- Unix – Solaris, AIX, HP-UX
- Windows, VMWare
- Storage & backup – EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Symantec, etc.
- Database – Oracle, SQL, Sybase
- DC Network and Security
- Worked in large DC Migrations for enterprise clients. Must have done Transitions, transformations, Technical client management and led at least 4 migration projects
- Good knowledge and experience with project management methodologies
- Exceptional communications capabilities, giving presentations and public speeches
- Must be a good leader able to build, nurture, motivate and mentor team members
- Must be a solid team player with excellent analytical skills and a strong desire to continue learning and expanding skill sets
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Engineering/MBA or other management qualification
- Experienced in delivering solutions using Cloud Services
- Certification(s) in areas of expertise: CCNP, CCIP, Vmware, VCE Vblock etc or equivalent or higher
- Certification in Project Management like PMP will be a plus
Abraham | +1 678-720-3170 | firstname.lastname@example.org