Location – Oaks, PA
Interview Mode: Telephonic/Video Conferencing
Duration : 6+ Months
Years of Experience : Min 8+ must
UNIX/ Middleware Engineer is a highly motivated resource focused on working hand-in-hand with other technical support, application support, development support, implementation and service teams. This role works in a 24/7/365 highly available, on-call environment.
Strong fundamental knowledge of Linux, Solaris and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with LDAP, Active Directory, and Windows Domain and DNS administration.
- Experience with messaging systems like IBM MQ, Oracle Service Bus and Weblogic based messaging technologies.
- Install, configure and manage the IBM Websphere MQ and Oracle Service Bus messaging software.
- Experience working with J2EE containers like Oracle Weblogic Server, IBM Websphere.
- Experience configuring internet facing URL’s and securing it with authentication systems like CA SiteMinder.
- Automate repeatable tasks using scripting languages like bash, Perl, Python etc.
- Manage middleware environments and provide support to application and business teams.
- Manage all Linux/Solaris/Windows related system deployments and issues and provide support for all system and application related issues both hardware and software.
- Provide support for all stages of Weblogic/ Websphere implementation
- Monitor, diagnose and identify UNIX & JVM related issues that have a potential to cause an incident and take corrective action.
- Provide support for production/ implementation infrastructure (Linux/Solaris/Windows).
- Work with the Information Security and Compliance teams and ensure all standards and guidelines are followed and adhered to.
- Troubleshoot Oracle Weblogic Server performance issues independently and/or in conjunction with other Middleware Engineers and Oracle database administrators.
- Configure and troubleshoot internet facing web portals and analyze apache web servers, CA SiteMinder web agent logs to identify any web related issues.
- Good understanding of SSL and Certs and configuring them in Apache.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other support organizations to troubleshoot system and application issues.
- Experience with virtualization technologies like VMware ESX is a plus.
- A fast learner with ability to dive into new products and technologies, develop subject matter expertise and drive projects to completion.
- A team player with good written and verbal communication skills that can mentor other members in the production support group.
Preferably 10+ years of experience in working in Development, production and pre-production support or management required. Candidate must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively be able to provide direction and assistance with diagnostics and troubleshooting using critical problem solving techniques. Candidate must have hands on experience is working in a mixed infrastructure environment of Unix/Linux/Windows.