Title: Application Support Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6 Months
This position (Sr. Application Support engineer) is responsible for the Change, Incident, Problem management and minor enhancements of the Java / .NET based custom applications and associated software. This position is recognized as a technical leader and critical technical resource across multiple disciplines. The individual in this position provides oversight and direction to other members (including offshore) of the applications support team:
Skill Set requirements:
– Strong experience 4-6 years of experience in a production environment
– J2EE, Java and .NET Environment: 4+years. Installation and configuration experience required. Ideally should have worked in a systems role within a Java development team or a Java developer who’s taken care of JBoss / .NET configurations and is familiar with the various .xml conf files. Understanding of Oracle connections, proper EJB configurations, JSP compilation, JBoss configurations, and the ability to customize these settings
– Execute and support the function of Release Management to ensure the successful implementation of projects and releases.
– Establish schedules and priorities. Facilitate decision-making on scope and schedule revisions for releases.
– Oracle skills: Experience writing simple SQL queries such as update, delete and select statements is required.
– Deployment, Maintenance & Health checks
– Problem Management and Minor enhancement of Coding in Java / .NET
– Unix/Linux: 4+ years preferably in an administrative role or ability to find out what ports are opened by JBoss/Tomcat and Oracle. Must be comfortable with the concept of DNS
– Shell/Perl scripting: 4+ years
Follow us on Twitter: @vdartinc
Follow us on Twitter for the Hottest Jobs: @VDart_Jobs
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)